Arctic Heli-Skiing in 2018
5000 km² of Winter Playground
A bucket list trip; heli-skiing in one of the most remote parts of the world, 200km north of the Arctic Circle, in the land of the Midnight Sun! The Scandinavian Mountains are some of the oldest in the world and renowned for exceptional late season skiing and fabulous slopes.
This trip is not necessarily about clocking up masses of vertical drop, it’s a unique adventure in an unusual place, combining exceptional off-piste skiing with personal coaching from your First Tracks Coach and a Local Mountain Guide to find the best spots, ideal if you’re heli-skiing for the first time!
Using a semi-private helicopter, your pilot is on standby for your group plus one other group. Most of the time you won’t even notice you’re sharing.
4 Days of heli-skiing in Riksgransën, Sweden
➢ From £3 995 GBP / 4 375 Euros / person
➢ Available start dates :
– 8th, 15th & 29th April 2018
– 6th, 13th & 20th May 2018
• Semi-private helicopter & Pilot
• 3,5 hours of heli flight time (14 000 vertical meters)
• Local mountain guide
• First Tracks personal coach
• Half-board accommodation
• Lunch on the mountain
• Off-piste safety equipment
• Return airport transfer
The heli-slopes in Riksgränsen range from easy to challenging, with steepness comparable to blue and red run inclines.
A typical day involves descents which vary in length and difficulty. If you get tired during the day you can stay with the helicopter and miss a run or two.
Your Mountain Guide and Coach will choose the most appropriate slopes to suit your level and your group.
You need to have some prior off piste experience and even if not very gracefully, be able to cope with different snow types such as fresh powder and spring snow conditions.
If unsure, book a few days or sessions with Ashley in the 3 Valleys (that’s me!), I’ll help improve your technique and boost your confidence.
3* Riksgränsen Hotel
4 Day Heli-Package
Price per person sharing a twin / double room*
• Group of 4 or 8 : £3 995 / 4 370€ / 41 721 SEK per person
• Group of 7 : £4 400 / 4 800€ / 45 988 SEK per person
• Group of 3 or 6 : £4 950 / 5 400€ / 51 678 SEK per person
*Single occupancy supplement +7%
4* Meteorologen Lodge
4 Day Heli-Package
Price per person sharing a twin / double room**
• Group of 4 or 8 : £4 170 / 4 560€ / 43 521 SEK per person
• Group of 7 : £4 550 / 4 960€ / 47 360 SEK per person
• Group of 3 or 6 : £5 030 / 5 500€ / 52 478 SEK per person
**Single occupancy supplement +14%
The proof is in the pudding
• Mountain Guide Travel Heliski presentation video here.
• Salomon short documentary on Riksgränsen (5 mins).
• Amateur Riksgränsen heli snowboard video filmed in April 2015.
• Amateur Riksgränsen heli ski video filmed 22nd – 24th April 2016
If this presentation intrigues you, then we’re on the same wavelength and I look forward to hearing from you.
See you on the slopes,
NB. This product is produced by Ashley Kay of First Tracks Ski Coaching ESI, in collaboration with Mountain Guide Travel. All amounts are billed in Swedish Krona, the value in Sterling and Euros will fluctuate due to exchange rates at moment of payment.